Rand Water: Process controller
- Grade 12 combined with a NQF level 3 qualification in Water and Waste Water treatment.
- Two years’ experience in a Plant, Water Purification and Computer environment combined is essential.
- Computer literate.
- A valid Code 08 Driver‘s license and the ability to pass Rand Water’s K53 test.
- Operate conveyors and vibrators to fill the lime slaker bunkers and to ensure a continuous supply of crushed burnt lime to the slakers.
- Operate and control slakers by following safe operating procedures.
- Operate classifier by removing grid which is discharged from the slaker
- Ensure continuous pumping of lime to the sedimentation system through the lime dosing pumps.
- Operate grid conveyor and report any deviations to the Supervisor.
- Check the settings on the ferric chloride dosing pumps and adjust settings as required.
- Operate and control the dosing pumps during emergencies at the Poly plant. Receive Poly from the supplier and check stock and delivery notes.
- General housekeeping duties.
- Basic Mathematics
- Basic understanding of the water treatment process.
- Basic engineering principles of flow and pressure
- General safety and knowledge of site procedures
- Operating of lime, ferric and poly plants
- Basic Lime handling
- Good housekeeping skills
- Good communication skills (verbal)
- Accurate and systematic approach
- Good housekeeping
Closing date: 02 April 2022