- Be in possession of a Grade 12/N3 qualification or equivalent
- Be in possession of a valid Code 10 driver’s licence
- Have a minimum of one year’s relevant experience.
- Be willing to work overtime as required.
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the Gold Fields Occupational Health Centre and pass a Heat Tolerance Screening test, and such other tests as may be required to assess the applicant’s suitability for employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (speak, read, and write)
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Knowledge of machinery for pre-work checks, and as it relates to motion and weight of the load to be transported
- Ability to carry-out minor maintenance duties when the need arises, i.e., coolant and lubricant top-ups, maintain tyre pressures
- Monitoring and reporting of defects on the vehicle to the responsible supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive key control and inspection books from Control Room and participate in daily safety meetings to discuss pre-work risk assessment for the jobs set-out for the day
- Operate a Truck to transport material on and off site e.g., transport steel wire ropes to the CSIR for testing
- Operate a Truck mounted crane to load and offload material
- Operate a Truck mounted crane to change RWB pipes
- Assist the Rigger with daily rigging/slinging activity when required
- In the absence of a store man, assist with the issuing of equipment
- At the end of the shift hand in the key control and inspection list to the Control Room
- Be self-driven and able to work without a supervision
Closing Date: 01 December 2021