The purpose of this role is to perform skilled mechanical work, installations, plant maintenance, repairs of mechanical/industrial and plant equipment, ensuring work is in accordance with relevant electrical standards. The position reports to Facilities Manager.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Basic use of hand tools to carry out planned preventative maintenance and routine mechanical servicing
- Support Maintenance Engineer in their day to day duties and reports problems and/or issues on Mechanical Equipment and Tools
- Operates various machines, adjusting work sequence and/or other variables to improve efficiency
- Works within strict quality standards to support the Quality of workmanship
- Practice good housekeeping, ensuring tooling, equipment and infrastructure as well as working areas are kept clean and tidy
- Undertakes any other such related duties as instructed / directed by Maintenance Manager / Supervisor
- Achievement of work targets (PPM’s achieved vs. PPM’s planned for the day)
- Efficient and effective repair of mechanical equipment
- Adherence to safety standards
- Procedural awareness and understanding
- Accountable to ensure that the plant is in working order from a mechanical perspective in order to minimise downtime and faults.
- Perform effective maintenance, identify, and repair breakdowns timeously and accurately.
- Accountable to regularly perform planned and proactive maintenance on equipment to deter any failures in adherence with scheduling.
- Strictly adhere to all EHS regulations regarding safety and machine maintenance (LOTO / Isolation Procedures).
- Assist others where necessary in the maintenance of equipment and machinery and train other staff on the job where required (Mechanical Assistants).
- Perform standby duties and work flexible shifts / hours as and when required based on business needs.
- Good knowledge of mechanical / industrial equipment and maintenance in a complex environment
- Proven background in Maintenance activities and mechanical maintenance principles
- Candidate must be in possession of a completed Matric Certificate and a Trade Test (Mechanical)
- Preference will be given to a candidate in possession of a completed N5 in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: 2-3 years of mechanical maintenance exposure within a manufacturing environment
- Exemplary Fault-finding techniques/ analytical skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Risk assessment skills
- Team cooperation and commitment
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The company reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.
Closing Date 26 November 2021