The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Accurate sampling on an hourly basis at various points in various plants.
- Preparation of in-process and final pulp samples for analytical testing.
- Operation of laboratory instrumentation.
- Credible data generation and reporting using the Laboratory Information System software program.
- Compliance with all ISO methods for the tests performed.
- Analysis of final product to declare production in terms of oven-dry tons.
- Analysis and reporting of special samples requested by the plant.
- Communication with production personnel with regard to safety problems in the plant.
- Accountable for the correct use of PPE, housekeeping and general safety applicable to sampling and tests performed.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric with Maths and Physical Science/ N3 Pulp and Paper
- Chemistry/ Lab related qualification will be advantageous
- Laboratory/Pulp and Paper industry experience will be an advantage
Closing Date: 16 November 2021