At the core of what we do at Nestlé, we’re led by a commitment to the health and wellness of our customers, a passion for quality and perfecting our promise to deliver good food and a good life. With over 308000 employees worldwide and a history that spans over 150 years, we’re known as “best place to work” and “the world’s biggest food and beverages company”. We’re looking a Millwright Artisan to work at our East London Factory which produces chocolates & confectionary.
The main purpose of the job is to:
- Install, maintain and improve both electrical and mechanical equipment
- Ensure efficient, safe operation of machinery by setting and adjusting devices to within allowed tolerances.
A day in the life of a Millwright Artisan
- Basic troubleshooting on PLC’s and SCADA systems
- Programming and faultfinding on VSD’’s and soft starters.
- Programming and faultfinding on defined instrumentation and calibration.
- Carry out the planned maintenance required on plant. Incumbent has to be pro-active and prevent breakdowns on his/her patrols and shows initiative to continuously improve equipment performance – condition based maintenance.
- Ensure that all work is performed in a Safe and Environmentally conscientious manner
- Root cause analysis of repetitive faults; implement corrective measures.
- Steer ‘Continuous Improvement’ teams to improve equipment reliability and performance Maintain high standard of work.
- Ensure machine availability for production targets to be met. Undertakes to work shift, standby and overtime as per company requirements.
- Electrical panels must be closed and locked at all times and kept in a neat and clean condition complete with a set of as built wiring diagrams.
What will make you successful
- Basic working knowledge of PLC’s
- A minimum of two years experience in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Preferably have a Certificate of Registration as an ‘Installation Electrician’.
- Served Apprenticeship and qualified with a Millwright Trade Test Certificate (Electromechanician)