Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Bale Line Assistant to provide assistance to the bale line operator for the continuous and efficient operation of the bale line.
This role reports to the Shift Superintendent.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Assists with start-up and shut down of various operations throughout the baling line from the cutter to the unitizer
- Assists with the availability of packaging materials for bales (wire, wrapper, ink for labelling)
- Safe operation of overhead crane/hoist for loading wire and wrapper rolls to the respective equipment
- Reports defects on the equipment affecting the process
- Assists with autonomous maintenance on units as and when required to maximise efficiency on the plant
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping
- Ensure that a high level of safety standards are maintained in the area.
- Assists with first-line troubleshooting and actioning of defects on the bale line to ensure that downtime is minimised
- Assists with ensuring quality and appearance of wrapped bales are to customer satisfaction
- Assists with dryer cleaning during sheet breaks and shuts.
- Perform adhoc duties during incidental and maintenance shuts as per instructions given by the shift superintendent.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric with Maths and Science or N3 Pulp and Paper.
- 6 months of industry experience.
Closing Date: 12 November 2021