- To develop a sound knowledge and understanding of the End User computing: Customer Services Centre.
- To add value to the End User Computing: Customer Service Centre
- Job shadowing ITSD initially with progression to delivery per KPA’S
- To assist and advise customers to resolve IT related queries.
- End User Computing comprises three main areas: Client Contact Centre, Walk-up Customer Service Desk and Field work.
- Individual will have exposure to each area to gain insight to these respective operational areas for the duration of the internship.
Differentiators for this specific role
- Create and Maintain client relationship
- Install and configure of standard hardware & software
- Maintain a tidy environment
- Administration and filing for IT service desk
- Manage third party calls
- Filling in for absent colleagues
- Monitoring of SLA of calls (SLA 98%)
Key Performance Areas:
- Strategic Impact
- Under supervision, provides user support on IT queries in respect of hardware and software issues
- Job shadow experienced ITSD Staff.
- Ask questions
- Research troubleshooting methodology.
- Upskill in terms of theoretical knowledge
Client Impact: External/Internal
- Log accurate and quality calls.
- Create and manage client relationships
- Install and configure of standard hardware & software.
- Troubleshooting of standard hardware and software.
- Attend to scheduled IT Service Desk duties.
- Solves user queries remotely within SLA
- Escalates issues to technical experts that cannot be solved
- Works collaboratively with ATS team to ensure calls are closed in the shortest possible time span
- Logs calls accurately with all detail onto system
- Tracks queries through to resolution and closes them on logging system
- Assists team members as required
- Remains aware of risk in area of expertise in alignment with Deloitte policies and processes
- Manage problems and incidents
- Follow up on calls & client timeously
- Updating of calls
- Monitoring SLA of calls (SLA – 98%)
- Appropriate escalation of queries
- Acceptable response time to queries
Development/Growth of Team
- Actively works to address identified development areas
- Cultivates ability to give effective development feedback both upwards and to peers
Budgets and Forecast
- Effective use of time, equipment and resources
- Minimum qualifications: IT Diploma
- Desired qualifications: 3-year qualification with A+ CompTIA (International)
- Minimum experience: 0-1 year in IT support
- Shows an understanding about call logging and service level agreements
- Can demonstrate working knowledge regarding supporting – both Hardware (Laptop/Desktop experience, HP advantageous) and software related (windows 10, Office 365 required, mac advantageous)
- Can explain what different forms of connectivity are (wired, wireless, mobile, VPN)
- Demonstrates basic troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of various Collaboration tools (teams, zoom, skype for business)
- Good theoretical understanding of following IT best practices, processes and procedures
- Working in a corporate environment
- Ability to communicate in such a way as to:
- Good spoken and written communications skills
- Listen and understand the customers’ needs
- Articulate in a clear and understandable manner steps to resolve IT issues
- Polite, well mannered, clear, confident
- Engaging and warm tone