The main purpose of the job is to co-ordinate, control, track and communicate with drivers in order to ensure that cargo is delivered in line with company standards and requirements.
- Track and monitor routes of vehicles on the company internal tracking programme.
- Ensure that the refuel processes and procedures are completed correctly for the designated vehicle fleet.
- Issue loading numbers/ instructions to drivers and monitor loading and off-loading times.
- Ensure delays are escalated.
- Monitor driver adherence to the sleeping and stopping procedures of the company by issuing stop order numbers and confirming authorised stopping areas.
- Conduct briefing and de-briefing sessions with drivers and ensure all documentation is verified.
- Ensure effective and efficient communication to drivers by issuing special instructions, liaising between drivers and the workshop (services and breakdowns), responding to fleet alarms, handing over to the next shift, and escalating problems to the relevant manager.
- Collect and capture loading, off-loading and trip information in accordance with relevant company policies and procedures.
- Complete incident or accident documentation as and when required.
- Generate relevant reports on daily basis (incl. sleeping report and yard report).
- Matric / Grade 12
- Minimum of two years of experience in an admin/tracking position
- Must be able to work shifts
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Relevant tertiary qualification in transportation/logistics/business management
- Knowledge of MAX
- Knowledge of the NBCRFLI Main Agreement
- Drivers Licence
Closing date: 02 November 2021