The Main Purpose of the job is to provide a professional parts sales service to both internal and external customers.
Reporting: This position will report to the Branch Manager.
Client liaison – Build good relationship between Company and Customer.
- Ensure zero customer complaints.
- Receive sales order from client.
- Timeous processing of parts sales.
- Preparation of quotes and invoices.
- Quotes, customer orders & invoices are correctly filed at all times.
- Ordering urgent orders from central warehouse.
- Invoice register up to date at all times.
- Distributing backorder parts to relevant customer.
- Parts catalogue up to date at all times.
- Monitoring delivery and collection of parts to customers.
- Monitoring picking of customer invoices.
- Follow up on V.O.R orders from customers and give feedback.
- Filing of quotes, customer orders and invoices.
- Control of invoice register.
- Assisting with stock take procedures.
- Overtime and Standby.
- Updating and maintenance on all Parts Catalogues.
- Achieve Sales Targets/ KPIs.
- Assisting in all parts operations where requested.
- Create and maintain Customer Base.
- Daily follow-up on customers.
Obtaining of new customers.
Compliance to ISO 9001 and Safety.
- All process in your area of responsibility are following ISO standard.
- Ensure the safety process are followed.
- Ensure the Safety Act and Regulation is adhered to.
- Provide assistance to Warehouse Supervisor/Controller when required.
The Parts Salesman is responsible for maintaining processes within the Parts Department:
- To meet the set business goals within the Department.
- Ensure optimal customer satisfaction.
- To manage his actions and business dealings according to the Volvo Way.
- To utilise available systems to achieve optimal business performance.
- To raise awareness of the Volvo brand and promote the brand image.
- The job holder can expect adequate resources, objectives, professional guidance and support.
- Volvo provide guidelines in terms of the Volvo Culture and Leadership the Volvo Way.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Computer Literacy.
- Good technical background would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in a Parts Retail environment.
- Good customer service skills.
- People orientated.
- Neat, confident, self- motivated and honest.
- Good administration and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Deadline driven.
- Work well under pressure.
Closing date: 10 November 2021