We are looking for a suitably qualified person for the position of Storeroom Assistant to fill the existent position at Phalaborwa Ranger Post in Kruger National.
The successful candidate will be accommodated in official accommodation inside the park.
- Grade 12
- Two years working experience in a storeroom
- Ability to assist with general repairs and maintenance to infrastructure.
- The incumbent must have knowledge of health and safety in the workplace and/ must have done a First Aid level course
- Physical good health.
- Good knowledge of tools, handling and aftercare.
- Responsible for the safekeeping, issuing and returning of equipment used by the staff on the section.
- Issues the equipment to the general workers and the general worker supervisor on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all equipment is returned after the dayâ€™s work
- Keeps record of equipment and cleaning material issued and returned.
- Ensures that all equipment in the store is clean and in working order.
- Ensures that equipment that is returned is clean.
- Ensures that equipment returned is still serviceable and in working order.
- Informs his supervisor of any equipment that needs repairs or replacement.
- Performs minor repairs to equipment to keep it in working order.
- Keeps the storeroom and surrounding area clean.
- Performs certain manual labour tasks as may be requested.
- Assists the general worker team in certain tasks, i.e. cleaning of facilities, gardens.
- Assists during emergency situations, i.e. veld firefighting.
- Reports directly to the general worker Team Leader
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualifications to the following e-mail address:
Kruger National Park
Attention: Mr Mothonaki Motloung
Private Bag X402
Tel: 013 735 4127