The purpose of this role is to prepare samples for chemical analysis in a way that meets the correct quality and production requirements.
- Report all incidents within shift.
- Ensure that work area is tidy and safe to work in.
- Attend and participate in green area meetings.
- Perform SLAM and ensure that Continuous Risk Assessment books are signed.
- Participate in inspections monthly together with the SHE rep.
- Perform tasks according to the current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Conduct quality checks as required and address checks that fall out of specification by taking necessary action.
- Sort and mill samples to specification.
- Flux samples according to procedure.
- Load samples in furnace and pour when fusion is complete.
- Deslag and cupellation of lead buttons.
- Pick prills and dissolve using a microwave.
- Deslag and milling of nickel buttons.
- Fuse samples with sodium peroxide, leach and make up to correct volume.
- Use a gas pycnometer to determine density.
- Ensure that consumables are collected from the store timeously so that work is not halted.
- Matric with Maths and Science.
- Basic computer literacy.
Closing date: 29 October 2021