The main purpose of the job is to produce the required labor hours through maintenance and repair work, in accordance with the Company quality and efficiency standards.
Reporting: This position reports to the Team Leader.
- Fault-finding and diagnosis on Volvo Products by interpreting product “under performance” and/or failure.
- Interpret and implement information in Volvo Manual and Service Literature.
- By following directives provided in Workshop Manuals, produce work of Volvo acceptable standards.
- Follow repair, maintenance instructions and specifications as per the manual.
- Ensure excellence in customer service delivery through meticulously following procedures/processes.
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports on diagnosis, assessment of component/part, failures, observations, actions and recommendations.
- Follow procedures for breakdown work.
- Liaise with driver before responding to customer breakdowns;
- Ensure the correct documentation is in place and accurately completed before submission.
- Compliance to ISO 9001 and other Safety standards.
- Trade Test Certificate – Qualified Diesel Mechanic.
- 3 years Dealership experience in maintenance and repairs of heavy commercial vehicles.
- Must be in possession of a Code 14 driving license or a Code 10 driving license with a valid PDP.
- Ability to read all relevant measuring equipment.
- Knowledge/skills to effect correct repair work.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals and specifications and put into practice.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Computer literacy.
Closing date: 20 October 2021