PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of the position is to ensure that the Boiler operates in an efficient and legal compliant manner
to ensure continious operation of the plant
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES:
- Assist the operator with operating the boiler within the design and authorised parameters
- Assist the operator with operating the boiler as per standards and procedures – as contemplated
in the OHS Act.
- Performing all scheduled inspections accurately
- Recording all operating parameters as per the operator checklist and operating record
- Emergency procedures and the activation thereof.
- Boiler operation maintenance
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12
- Mathematics at grade 10 level minimum
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a boiler operation or assistant boiler operator OR
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a production operator/assistant operator
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Reliability and timekeeping is critical since the boiler operation is legal appointment.
Target start date: As soon as possible, but no later than 15 November 2021
Closing date: 19 October 2021