Main Purpose of the Role
Effective and timeous processing of local and international payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures and a high level of customer service by providing financial and administrative support to the organisation.
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Request for creditors statements the 1st week of the month.
- Request for all outstanding invoices and credit notes from supplier.
- Request for outstanding purchase orders from business units.
- Attach tax invoices to corresponding purchase orders for service-related expenses.
- Attach tax invoices to corresponding purchase orders, quotation, delivery note, and Procurement stamped approval for goods related expenses.
- Check allocation of expenses in line of Marketing code which requires a Standard form approved by line managers and Compliance Code Officer.
- Check tax invoice according to SARS compliance.
- Process tax invoice and submit posting.
- Reconcile creditors account to the Creditors Ledger.
- Select tax invoices and credit notes for payments.
- Payment advice and proof of payment emailed to creditor timeously.
- Journal to be processed for correction of expense allocation.
- Effective utilization of resources to keep processes cost effective.
Skills and Competencies
(The abilities that the individual needs in order to perform this role effectively)
- Effective planning, organising and co-ordinating
- Highly numerate
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective problem solving and decision making
- The ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) is essential.
- Attention to detail.
- Responsibility & Accountability
- Team Player
- Curiosity / learning agility
- High standards
- Ethical conduct
Education and Experience
- Matric/ Grade 12
- At least 2 years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- Deep working knowledge of Creditors Reconciliation
- Computer skills on SAP and MS Excel
- Solid understanding of Pharmaceutical Industry