What will you do?
Responsible for entire handling of death claims in terms of collection of all appropriate information, liaison, assessment, administration and the finalisation process.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Record adjustments (e.g. asset in estate).
- Requesting information regarding outstanding requirements.
- Recommendations regarding claim decisions (legality of claim, premium position, fraud and distribution of Fund proceeds) to team leader and make own recommendations.
- Preparation of Fund cases for Forum decision.
- Preparation of a finalised claim (payment and decline).
- Communicating decisions regarding the distribution of Fund proceeds.
- Handling claimant enquiries.
- Administration of death claim proceeds for reinvestment (Sanlam New Business and other companies).
- Compiling summaries for Legal Department where legal input required.
- Requesting information and/or calculations from Actuarial, Policy Renewals and Policy Instalments.
- Recommend allocations regarding Fund death benefit distributions by (1) trace & identify dependants (2) equitable distribution among them (3) determine mode of payment and if payable to trust/guardian or direct to dependant.
- Draft summary for Section 37C Sub committee of the Board of Trustees when disagreements/complaints received. Summarise final decisions to provide to the Board of Trustees.
- Draft letters when referring dependants/complainant to the Pension Fund Adjudicator.
- Knowledge of death claims process
- Managing and setting up emails
- Fund Legislation
- Product knowledge (individual life policies)
- Claims policy knowledge
- Financials enquiries
- Computer skills
- Grade 12 (with Mathematics/Accounting) & Tertiary qualification
- 3 years Death Claims experience in Individual life & Employee Benefits
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Problem solving
- Influencing/Gaining commitment
- Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Planning and organising
Closing date: 31 October 2021