Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Distribution Centre in Midrand has an opportunity available for a DC Picker High Level to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to ensure efficient and accurate picking, replenishment and counting of stock in line with company standard operational procedures within the warehouse.Transport of goods from one point to another as per management/ operational requirements using relevant machinery.
Experience & Qualification:
- Grade 12/ Matric
- 1 -2 years’ relevant experience
- Valid HLOP Machine Operating license
- Transport the pallets to the respective storage location and store them safe and neatly in the bin allocate.
- Make use of a high level order picking machine with safety harness to pick.
- Ensure that necessary standards of speed and accuracy are maintained, while picking.
- Do not remove stock from the warehouse, without proper documentation or the approval of the superior.
- Apply a procedure of stock rotation when picking stock (Earliest expiry date, to be picked first)
- Be responsible for ensuring that good housekeeping practices, are applied at all times.
- Perform safety checks of equipment and report any concerns to your Supervisor/ Manager
- Ensure that machine is kept clean and damage free.
- Assist with, Cycle Counting and replenishment of stock, when required to do so.
- Ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Have knowledge of the business measures and targets, directly related to own role.
- English –Read, write and speak
- Understand quality control analysis and coordination
- Demonstrate the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Understand consequential impacts of decisions made
- Trustworthy and Honest
- Be able to identify operational obstacles and opportunities and remain calm and focused under pressure
- Time management, deadline driven and attention to detail
- Be able to adapt to working hours according to business needs
Special conditions of employment:
- South African
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
Closing Date: 04 November 2021