We are looking for a Window Technician for hard-to-reach areas without the benefit of a scaffold or a work platform. The role involves wearing a harness to reach high up areas to do a job.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concerns.
• Painting, rendering, rigging, repairing buildings, cleaning, inspecting — on buildings or structures that can only be accessed via abseiling. • Cleaning windows, performing routine maintenance.
• Should have undergone and passed the training and assessment for Level 1.
• Perform specified range of rope access tasks.
• Work under the supervision of a Level 3.
• Able to understand and follow the rope access procedures, method statements and risk assessments.
• Responsible in the pre-use checks of his own rope access equipment.
• Assist in rigging and other operations under the guidance of higher grade/level.
• Undertake simple rescue in descent and also assist in rescue operation.
• To carry out industrial rope access work based on his trade and skills.
• Able to operate simple machines and equipment.
• Possess good communication and organisational skills, with an emphasis on teamwork.
• Display positive attitude towards safety, training and environment.
• Takes pride in professionalism and a customer-centred focus.
Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to work under pressure,
• Trust, • Physically fit,
• Window Cleaning,
• Drivers licence advantage,
• Attention to detail,
• Sense of urgency,
• Able to work under pressure,
• Be flexible and adaptable,
• Should be able to work independently.
• Minimum Matric,
• Fall Arrest Level 1,
• First Aid Level 1 advantageous,
• Medical clearance certificate,
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a similar position,
• Experience in working in heights.
Closing date: 11 October 2021