Job Advert Summary:
The overall responsibility of the successful candidate will be to perform basic Laboratory analyses and sample preparation for the Inorganic Laboratory within the Chemistry Section.
• NQF4 with Maths and Science
• One year of working experience preferably in an analytical laboratory
• Printing sample labels and sampling schedule using LIMS-Labware
• Collection of samples after being sampled, filter, distribute and dispose accordingly
• Scanning and receiving of sample bottles from cooler room, into laboratory.
• Preparation of sample bottles for sampling activities on different Inorganic chemical tests.
• Perform gravimetric analysis and other basic analytical tests (DO, Turbidity, colour etc.)
• Cleaning of laboratory glassware and assist with laboratory cleaning • Performance and documentation of basic quality control checks of identified analytical tests.
• Handling of gas bottles for different analysis and the disposal of hazardous chemicals from the laboratory.
• The adherence to SHE practices and good housekeeping principles in the area of work
• Basic understanding of ISO 17025.
• Performed analytical test in laboratory.
• Understanding of how to collect water samples for analytical analysis using different sampling devices.
• Understanding of general laboratory, quality and SHERQ procedures.
• Ability to follow procedures in a routine laboratory.
• Basic computer literacy.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritise, organise and plan.
• Ability to perform the basic functions on the Information Management System (LIMS).
Closing date: 15 October 2021