Wood is currently recruiting for a Junior Piping Designer with extensive experience in the mining and minerals industry on large capital projects, including projects in remote locations and other countries, in particular third world countries.
- To provide draughting and design direction and supervision to ensure:
- Drawing accountabilities are met.
- Timely information transfer to other roles / disciplines / department.
- Efficient production of piping arrangement drawings and isometrics
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the Wood Health, Safety and Environmental HSSE policies, manuals, and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community, and the environment.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Detailed design and production of piping drawings encompassing all aspects in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements.
- Timely completion of piping drawings and schedules.
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets.
- Induction and supervision of designers in the use of Wood standards and procedures.
- Supervision of designers to ensure project design requirements are followed.
- Coordination of drawing packages.
- Timely transfer of information to other disciplines.
- Support other disciplines / division
- Develop Piping MTO’s and/or Preliminary BOM’s.
Skills / Qualifications
- N3, Matric, National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or requisite practical experience.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Good understanding of mechanical / piping technology.
- Experience with 3D modelling software. (Aveva Preferred)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Broad knowledge / experience in process, construction, and operations.
- Focus on task completion, initiative, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others
- Demonstrated integrity and ethics. re