Often the first hello and the last farewell, our Front Office and Guest Services teams are the gatekeepers of the Belmond experience. Their commitment to going above-and-beyond ensures a stay that is incomparable. If you are a service-orientated, guest-focused hospitality professional, then we would love to hear from you. We are looking for a Front Office Agent to join the team.
- Perform all check-ins and check outs of hotel guests as per the standard policy and procedure of the hotel.
- Attend daily briefings & follow up on any pending items.
- Ensure that all department & guest reports, dockets and correspondence are completed accurately and punctually.
- Ensure all takings for the day are correct, balanced and banked according to Company policy and procedure.
- Check the daily arrival list to have detailed information regarding arrivals and room requirements.
- Be aware of all VIP’s – both in house and arrivals.
- Ensure that you adhere to the Leading Quality Assurance standards for Front Office.
- Carry out any other functions and responsibilities as directed by the Front Office Management to ensure the smooth running of the front desk.
- Stay up-to date about room rates, current promotions, offers and packages.
- Ensure that long stay and regular guests are acknowledged and their preferences are actioned and retained for future stays.
- Liaise with Housekeeping to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully-furnished to accommodate guests’ needs.
- Assist with recommending activities and restaurants to guests when the Concierge team are unavailable.
- Provide support and coverage to all areas of the Front of House division as required.
- Communicate any relevant guest feedback.
- Ensure you follow the departmental policies and procedures in compliance with GDPR and PCI.
- Assist with Guest Services duties as and when required.
- Provide information about hotel amenities and promote hotel services and ensure you stay self-informed on what activities are available in the city and surrounds.
- Assist with Food and Beverage reservations coverage as and when required.
- Diploma / Degree from a reputable hotel school.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in Front Office or similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
- Experience with hotel reservations software – advantageous.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and Opera knowledge advantageous.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
Competitive basic salary
Medical aid & pension fund benefit
Internal Belmond discounts
Loyalty and recognition rewards programme
Employee Assistance Programme
On going Learning and Development opportunities
Regular community, social and staff welfare events