The main purpose of this position is to monitor cybersecurity information and event sources for suspicious activities or alerts, as well as to serve as the initial entry point for cybersecurity incident reporting in order to perform the initial triage (verification and classification) and follow the required response processes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
· Monitor security information and event sources and identify suspicious activity or alerts.
· Serve as the entry point for all incident reporting by answering calls and monitoring emails according to set service level agreements (SLAs).
· Accurately capture alert or incident report information into the incident management system, populating all required information.
· Perform initial verification and classification (triage) of incidents and follow the required response procedure, including escalation to incident handlers or investigators when required.
· Support incident response coordination, investigations and intelligence by sourcing and providing further requested information.
· Monitor incidents to ensure they are managed end-to-end, meeting the required SLAs across the entire incident lifecycle (including initiation, re-assignment, handover and close-out).
· Provide feedback based on experiences and lessons learnt from incident response to the Security Monitoring Team Leader, to ensure continuous process improvement.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
· a Higher Certificate in Security or Information Technology (NQF level 5) or an equivalent qualification; and· three to six years’ experience in a security and/or incident monitoring environment, including two years’ experience using Qradar.
Additional requirements include:
· a Security Incident Monitoring and Response Certification (e.g. Certified Network Defender (CND) or Cyber Security Analyst ( CySA )) (would be an added advantage);
· availability to work shifts (including weekends) and perform duties as required by operational circumstances;
· service and stakeholder focus;
· written and verbal communication;
· drive for results;
· learning focus;
· problem-solving and analysis;
Closing date: 01 0ctober 2021