LIFE AS AN ACS BROKER
- Building your list of potential clients by researching our own database, websites, LinkedIn and trade press etc.
- Pro-actively targeting your list through outbound sales calls, emails and visits (both face-to-face and virtual) and converting them from potential clients in to ACS clients
- Keeping up to date with market trends; controlling costs and thinking in terms of profit, loss and added value
- Making formal presentations to key corporate decision makers
- Building strong working relationships with Commercial Jet operators to ensure widest range of aircraft available
- Understanding in detail client charter requirements e.g. aircraft, catering and check in requirements, managing end to end process to ensure client expectations are exceeded
- Travelling on flights as required
- Desire to immerse self into role and commit to the demands of the role
- Ability to work independently but enjoys working with people inside and outside the organization
- Enjoys working to goals and objectives in a competitive environment
- Able to take a commercial outlook on all flights to ensure a win-win for ACS
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU
- 20 days’ holiday per year, which increases with length of service
- Private healthcare and pension after 1 calendar year service.
- Career development opportunities
- A friendly, fun and exciting environment surrounded by some of the best in the industry
- Added benefits when you are part of the ACS Members Club such as Your Birthday, Valentine’s Day, Christmas, Moving house and Who’s the Daddy or Mommy benefits.