We are looking for Service Technician to join the team with the view to progress to Maintenance Technician and then Troubleshooter Technician level at our site in Midrand, South Africa.
As a Service Technician you will perform troubleshooting, maintenance, and inspections on the customers wind turbine sites.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a growing team within a dynamic business, delivering innovation to the renewable energy.
Some of your key tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Electrical/Mechanical scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities on wind turbine generators
- Coordinates and accomplishes defined service operations and/or resolves product issues for customers equipment
- Assisting the team in the completion contractual extra scopes including TMSE, Crane and Lift inspection and maintenance
- Ensure compliance with Siemens Gamesa standards in relation to EHS, Quality and Service delivery
- Support for the welfare of technicians whilst on site and escalation of any issues relating to PPE, transportation and equipment
- Provide accurate reporting into and utilisation of MORS database and other electronic workflow systems
- Supervising the SGRE team members, 3rd party technicians, contractors and sub-contractors for various required scope delivery
What you need to make a difference
A passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- EE candidates preferred.
- Professional experience – Electrical/Mechanical preferably from offshore with Electrical (training certificate)/NVQ level 3 or 4 / electronics or full apprenticeship scheme will be preferred
- Previous experience of working in the wind industry would be advantageous although full training will be provided for the right candidate without offshore experience
- Ability and confidence to lead and manage individuals and teams during offshore service and troubleshooting activities
- Product technical knowledge, Preferably on G4 technology would be preferred
- Experience working with MS Office applications, MORS and Fluix would be an advantage
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
- Flexible working arrangements can be negotiated with the Hiring Manager.
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organisation
- Competitive pension Scheme