Applications are invited, from qualified candidates to fill the position of Raise Drilling Mechanical Foreman to be based at Bentley Park, near Carletonville, Gauteng. The successful candidate, will report to the Divisional Maintenance Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not be limited to:
· Effective daily planning, organizing and control within area of responsibility to achieve daily production, quality and safety targets
· Cost containment through efficient maintenance scheduling / planning and high mean time to failure after repairs
· Effective stakeholder engagement to ensure smooth workflows and target achievement
· Efficient achievement of production and quality targets in line with DMR and project scope
· Proactive risk identification and mitigation in alignment with legal regulations, the client’s and M&RC’s standards, procedures and policies
· Effective self and team management in alignment with M&RC’s values and leadership initiatives
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Grade 12 or NQF 4 equivalent
- Section 26 Artisan Trade Certificate/MIETTB (Mining Industry Engineering Trades Training Board) Trade Certificate through a registered body, eg: (i) Olifantsfontein, pre 1994; (ii) ESTC (Engineering Skills Training Centre) James Park; (iii) GFA (Goldfields Training Academy)
- Advanced Hydraulic Certificate (Electronic and Hydraulic component)
- MS Office Proficient [Word, Excel, PowerPoint]
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good English communication skills [Written and verbal]
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience working with electro-hydraulic equipment and gearbox components, (Testing, Diagnosing, Fault finding and Repairs on mechanical and Hydraulic equipment)
- At least 5 years’ experience at a supervisory level in a workshop environment,
- Experience in monthly and quarterly budgets.
- Experience in development of planned maintenance schedules.
- Proven experience with reference in the following.
– Calculate pump displacement or cylinder forces- Calculate gearbox ratios input and output torques.
Closing date: 22 September 2021