YFM is a “Youth” radio station in Johannesburg, South Africa. Established in 1997, the station is formatted to mostly play urban music genres such as Kwaito, Hip Hop, and R&B along with a minority of its airtime being dedicated to talk shows.
Reporting to the Digital Manager
The purpose of this role is to create and produce digital content for YFM digital platforms, primarily by leveraging on-air content.
Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
- Utilise knowledge of best practices for social media to develop content for and manage all of the station’s social media platforms.
- Liaise with other departments, primarily the on-air team, to develop digital, multimedia and social media content for various projects.
- Contribute to the daily, weekly and monthly content calendars for the station.
- The nature of the business will also require the digital content producer to work occasional weekends and evenings to provide live social media coverage from time to time.
- The digital content producer will be required to attend all stakeholder events, internal and external and provide real time coverage on the different social media mediums.
- Work with sales and marketing to ensure digital campaign propositions and content helps achieve overall client campaign briefs.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as instructed by manager and/or MD.
- Matric and relevant diploma would be preferred.
- Able to work outside of standard office hours as and when required, including weekends and public holidays.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Familiarity with WordPress would be advantageous.
Personal skills/ attributes:
- Willingness to learn and must be trainable.
- Organized and process orientated.
- Adaptable and an enthusiastic team player with a drive to succeed.
- Efficient, with the ability to perform, thrive and enjoy working independently.
- Trustworthy and accountable.
- Solid presentation skills.
Job Closing Date: 23/09/2021