Are you interested and skilled in electricity, mechanics and hydraulics? Are you enthusiastic about renewable energy and like a physical job in the field? As a Service Technician at Vestas, you get a job where you make a difference for a more sustainable future.
EVP NCE>Region NCE>Soetwater
You will be part of Vestas Northern and Central Europe which is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, Finland, Celtic, Poland, the Baltics, Germany, Benelux as well as Eastern Europe and the south part of Africa. We are responsible for the sales function, project, installation, and service of wind farms throughout these regions.
The Service Department is responsible for the service and maintenance of the wind farms within South Africa. Vestas Northern and Central Europe strive to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, not only in modern energy, but also in employee and customer satisfaction. Right now, we are looking for a Service Technician to join our team, doing service and maintenance of the wind farms in South Africa. In this role you get to work in an exciting industry in a team of highly engaged employees.
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs
- Service and maintenance according to agreement, as well as carrying out a diversity of check-ups, repairs and replacement activities of turbine components
- Friction-less operation of our turbines and use of our systems like condition monitoring and remote control
- Contact with customers regarding completed and upcoming service and repairs
- Responsibility for the service vehicle, warehouse and order of material, tools and spare parts
- Daily reporting in SAP
- Experience or a degree within electricity, mechanics or hydraulics, and is still eager to develop your skills within these areas
- English language is required
- Computer knowledge, as the tasks include regular reporting and communication through various systems
- Driving license
- On the personality level we believe you have/are:
- Motivated by teamwork, communication with other parts of the organization as well as being service-minded
- Structured and unsupervised
- Ready for working overtimes
- Open to travel
- Good physical condition and can handle heavy lifts and work on heights
- High level of safety awareness