The Main Purpose of the Job is to ensure that all the administration pertaining to the payroll and benefits process is dealt with in an efficient manner. This position will administer all employee payroll administration and benefits. Providing general HR support as a member of the HR Service Centre Team.
Reporting: Payroll Manager.
- Administer various employee benefit programs, such as medical aid, provident fund, group life and disability cover.
- Medical Aid administration will include processing of new, terminated and changed members.
- Provident Fund administration will include requesting of benefit statements, nomination of beneficiaries, withdrawals on the portal, death claims, increases, annual benefit statements and new employee welcome packs.
- Coordinate Medical Aid Revision.
- Apply for and distribute Medical Aid cards.
- Conduct new employee benefit enrolments.
- Coordinate annual benefit changes.
- Filing and Organising of all benefits paperwork.
- Collaborate with payroll and other HR team members regarding benefit changes.
- Capture benefit changes on the payroll.
- Load new employees on the payroll and link benefits.
- Change banking details and personal particulars on the payroll.
- Responsible for full payroll function for the learners and temporary payroll.
- Create Confirmation of Employment and Certificate of Service letters.
- Collaborate with the Payroll Specialist with regards to UI-19 and COIDA Return of Earnings forms.
- Employee Self Service administration and approval.
- Reconcile third party schedules/portals against payroll and prepare cheque requisitions for payment.
- HR System administration and maintenance including the telephone and CRM systems.
- Assist with audits as and when necessary.
- Computer literacy and Ms Office.
- Must be willing to learn other software as needed.
- Strong Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, Vlookups).
- Strong administrative knowledge in benefits.
Job Related Skills:
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- High emphasis on customer focus within agreed Service Level Agreement.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in human resource and benefits administration.
- VIP Premier experience will be beneficial.
- SAP experience will be beneficial.
- Matric (Grade 12).
- Human Resources Qualification (Essential).
- Following Instructions and Procedures.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations.
- Planning and Organising.
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks.
- Adhering to Principles, Ethics and Values.
- Deciding and Initiating Action.
- Attention to Detail.
Closing date: 30 September 2021