As the Maintenance Controller, you will report to and work closely with the Operations Managers. Based in Isando, you will support management by maintaining the planned maintenance of all facilities in the company to ensure that the factories, administrative office buildings, equipment, and service plants operate efficiently and safely. The person also negotiates new service agreements with suppliers and is responsible for purchasing equipment, spares and consumables.
The key responsibilities in this position will be:
- Conduct maintenance within agreed time frames and according to Standards of annual Quality Assurance audit and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Repair damages and defects to equipment as per technical instructions and discuss SHEQ precautions with the line management and SHE controller
- Maintain facilities (electrical, water and gas) and ensure all equipment and machinery are in working condition, adhere to budget.
- Maximize plant availability through effective control and completion of preventative maintenance schedules
- Control, maintain and repair production related equipment to ensure product of a consistent quality.
- Liaise with production regarding tasks and priorities
- Must give regular feedback to line manager on work completed and work in progress.
The required qualifications, experience and competencies will be:
- Matric (Grade 12)
- National Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Trade tested Millwright, Electrician
- 5 years’ experience as a machinist, electrical fitter, millwright or electrician in a production environment (FMCG)
- Knowledge of SHE
- Computer literacy essential (Microsoft Office)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Understanding the Adherence to SOP’s
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to do mathematical calculations
- Ability to work under pressure.
- HACCP knowledge
- Convincing leadership style to foster quality thinking on the site
- Ability to effectively contribute within a successful team
- Analytical and management skills to solve technical maintenance issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
Closing date: 16 September 2021