Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Junior Process Engineer for our Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- To deliver best practice process plant design services in designated studies, projects and consulting services, in alignment with the company organisational objectives and client requirements, under the guidance of a senior / lead / principal process engineer.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Accountable to provide designated process engineering teams with appropriate quality and best practice in process engineering.
- Accountable for the preparation of designated study, project and proposal documents to ensure quality and accuracy of information.
- Accountable to ensure delivery of process services to designated study, project and proposal teams on or ahead of schedule and on or under budget.
- Accountable to participate in and contribute to the change process within the Process Group.
- Assist the team to achieve pre-set deadlines for studies, projects or proposals he/she is assigned to.
- Quality of documentation and process information provided.
- Client satisfaction as a measure of alignment with client needs.
- Contribution to the company in securing business and maintaining profitability.
- Contribution to enhancement of value-adding outputs and positive teamwork within the Process Group.
- Contribution to the extent to which change is championed within the Process Group.
- Adhering to deadlines.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Chemical / Process / Metallurgy or B Tech.
- Two years’ experience in the mining industry.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Technical knowledge of process plant design and operation, typically gained from one-year experience in the mining industry.
- Ability to manage one’s own activities on or ahead of schedule and on or below budget.
- Ability to deliver best practice plant design, with emphasis on cost-effective engineering.
- Ability to communicate process requirements to other members of the study, project or proposal team.
- Ability to prepare and deliver oral and written presentations for study and project reports and proposals.
- An understanding of the change process and an ability to participate in that process.
- Advanced computer literacy skills in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Leadership skills.
- Good work ethic – hard working.