The main purpose of this position is to safeguard the assets of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) and facilitate cash transactions to ensure an adequate supply of acceptable-quality banknotes to the industry in order to meet public demand.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
· Plan and perform tasks against work plans, as defined in conjunction with the team leader.
· Manage the vault to ensure a sufficient supply of banknotes to the cash industry.
· Capture and verify bulk deposits and withdrawals, as per the laid-down procedures.
· Verify that the personnel from the cash industry collecting or depositing banknotes are authorised to do so.
· Mitigate risks by ensuring adherence to controls, established practices, processes, rules and regulations.
· Provide information relating to cash transactions to the team leader for decision-making.
· Review and authorise work pertaining to cash transactions in order to ensure accuracy and completeness of information integrated with the National Cash Management System, including preparing the necessary documentation for the payment of charges.
· Act as a liaison and engage with external stakeholders for the timeous completion of cash transactions.
· Evaluate own performance against given criteria, and identify and address any task-specific learning needs.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
· a National Diploma in Business Management (NQF 6) with Accounting as a major subject or an equivalent qualification; and· two to five years of working experience in a cash environment.
Additional requirements include:
· verbal and written communication skills;· planning and organising skills;· judgement and decision-making skills;· problem-solving skills;· service and stakeholder focus;· attention to detail;· drive for results; and· resilience.
Closing date: 27 September 2021