Novus Print Gauteng, a division of Novus Holdings, is looking to appoint a suitably qualified Printers Mechanic, to join our Technical & Maintenance Team. The position will be responsible for assessing and maintaining all print and finishing equipment (Bindery, Web and Sheet Fed). The position will be reporting to the Technical Foreman and is based in Johannesburg
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct assessment and identify faults on printing presses, bindery and auxiliary equipment
• Maintenance planning and inspection of presses and bindery equipment
• Execution of both planned and unplanned mechanical maintenance
• Plant condition monitoring and fabrication/machining of parts
• Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures
• Achieving workplace goals and objectives as set out by the Technical Foreman
• Perform administrative duties as and when required
• Maintenance of the technical management information system
• Ensure compliance with the general machines regulations and all internal
• standard operating procedures
• Ability to work shifts shift and standby on a rotational basis
• Grade 12 National Senior Certificate
• A recognised Trade certificate in mechanical maintenance, preferably a Printers Mechanic trade certificate applicants with Millwright Trade qualifications will also be considered)
• 3 – 5 years’ hands experience in a mechanical and maintenance environment, working within a large machinery and production environment.
Skills and Competencies:
• Knowledge of fault finding and repairs on hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
• Knowledge on maintenance and fault finding in high speed production equipment.
• Sound knowledge of occupational health and safety standards.
• Knowledge of printing environment would be advantageous
Closing date: 18 September 2021