As our receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for the company, and you will provide administrative support across the organisation. You’ll handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered promptly, with high quality.
If you are friendly, enthusiastic, and love interacting with people, then we would like to meet you.
- Assist visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing, and announcing them appropriately
- Answer, screen, and forward any incoming phone calls while presenting essential information when needed
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Manage security by following procedures and controlling access
- Update appointment calendars and plan meetings/appointments
- Managing the covid-19 screening process
- Keep reception area tidy and presentable at all times
- Order company supplies (groceries, printing paper)
- Monthly credit card recon
- Assisting with the Health and safety queries for the company by booking repairs, maintenance, and pest control services
- Attending to various We Grow SA queries telephonically, or via email and chat
- Foot traffic attention to detail at all times (avoid distractions such as being on personal electronic devices)
- Building relationships and the ability to identify all staff members by name
- Using bamboo HR to familiarise yourself with staff and new hires
- Visitors are assisted and directed speedily (including refreshments)
- All calls are answered and screened accurately
- Zero delays with couriers and other deliveries
- Correct booking of the boardroom and no duplications
- Team orientated and good interpersonal skills.
- Respects everyone in the team and business equally
- Values the team’s success
Integrity and trust
- Always telling the truth even when it’s hard
- Upholds the ethics of the business above all else.
- Understands their responsibility to the success of the business.
- Strong professionalism and communication skills (written and spoken).
- Ability to communicate with clients and colleagues from Junior to Exco level
- Clear and well-communicated messages and emails
- Going the extra mile and understanding the staff, Client needs, and expectations
- Keeping promises
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Ability to think on your feet and provide solutions to queries
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Strict timekeeping
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- About the team.
- About their work.
- About the business.
- About our clients.
- Self-motivated, ability to work on your own, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify mistakes and offer a solution
Qualifications & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in the relevant field will be an advantage
- 1 to 2 Years of proven experience in either a customer service or administrative role
- Professional appearance
- Must love to work with people
- Treat everyone with respect whether they are staff, clients, or suppliers
- Always be willing to help if they are in a position to do so.