Main Purpose of Job:
- Competently performs all conventional aspects of assignments.
- Will plan and conduct work requiring judgment and independent evaluation in the development, modification, and selection of program solutions to engineering system development problems.
- Capable of investigating and solving recurring program and/or network problems.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Fully proficient level with full knowledge of the principles and practices within a discipline.
- Work is subject to practices and procedures and may require periodic review with other teams or work groups.
- Due to changing priorities or different situations encountered, the incumbent relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Skills/ Competencies:
- Working under minimal supervision, able to plan own work and accomplish varied and complex tasks with the ability to discover issues and recommend solutions.
- Works under supervision and self-initiated technical guidance with regular weekly to monthly interaction with supervisor. Work is not generally supervised in detail and amount of supervision varies depending upon the assignment. Broad duties assigned monthly. Work is occasionally reviewed for accuracy. Usually, technical guidance is available to review work programs and advise on unusual features of assignment.
- May assign activities and give technical guidance to a few staff for a common project.
- Proficiently communicate ideas and concepts. Continue to develop the ability to influence participation in the preparation and delivery of proposals, presentations, and reports.
- Strong understanding of systems, processes and tools related to field. Able to assist others and troubleshoot issues.
Specific key deliverables per discipline that are required to be produced are:
The development of all process engineering design deliverables in accordance with prescribed project standards. This would include but not be limited to:
- The development of Process Block Diagrams in accordance with prescribed standards.
- The development of Process Flow Diagrams in accordance with prescribed standards with appropriate intelligent data interfacing to mass balance data.
- The development of intelligent and non-intelligent P&ID’s in Autodesk Plant 3D P&ID in accordance with prescribed standards including the coordination of engineering data entry (EDE) from all engineering disciplines including process engineering, piping, mechanical, electrical and control and instrumentation.
The development of all electrical engineering design deliverables in accordance with prescribed project standards. This would include but not be limited to:
- Single Line Diagrams
- Electrical Schematics
- Earthing drawings
- Lighting layout drawings
- General arrangements for electrical panels and enclosures such as motor control centre’s etc.
- Cable racking routing and layouts in the Autodesk Plant 3D and conventional CAD environments
- Generation of cable schedules
- Generation of equipment schedules
- Generation of load lists
- Generation of motor lists
Control & Instrumentation Engineering
The development of all control & instrumentation engineering design deliverables in accordance with prescribed project standards. This would include but not be limited to:
- Electrical schematics related to instrumentation power supplies
- Instrumentation systems earthing drawings
- Pneumatic schematics
- Instrument loop diagrams
- Instrument location drawings
- General arrangements for control panels and enclosures such as control system enclosures and junction boxes etc.
- Instrumentation cable racking routing and layouts in the Autodesk Plant 3D and conventional CAD environments
- Generation of instrumentation cable schedules
- Generation of instrumentation equipment schedules
- Generation of instrumentation related load lists or calculations
- Generation of instrument indexes
- Control logic diagrams
- Card and other connection diagrams
- System architectural diagrams
- System network diagrams (logical and physical)
- Input to P&ID’s
- Cable block diagrams
- Instrumentation hook-up diagrams
- Input to control and equipment layout drawings
- To ensure modelling and drawing deliverables meet the required model content for stage model reviews.
Closing date: 18 September 2021