An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Dispatch Security and Stock Verifier. This is a Permanent position based at Richmond.
To double check stock to be dispatched by the Stores Department ensuring that no extra or un-authorised stock is placed in dispatch cages or loaded onto the dispatch vehicles
Minimum Criteria Required:
0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
Relevant Job Knowledge:
Entry Level Position
Key Performance Areas:
- Performs random checks on stock that has already been checked by the Stores Checkers. Physically checking picking slips against packed stock to eliminate human error in counting and ensure that no un-authorised stock is loaded onto Dispatch vehicles.
- Maintains full access control (locking and unlocking) over the Dispatch holding cages and the Bulk gate between the Stores and Dispatch areas to regulate the movement of staff and stock.
- Checks all paperwork (picking slips, supplier invoices etc.) against physical stock going through the Bulk gate to ensure that all stock has been properly recorded for control purposes.
- Records stock shortages and variances in the Occurrence Book and immediately reports to the Security Manager for control and record keeping purposes.
- Liaises with the Dispatch Manager requesting his presence every time the Stores cages are opened giving access to Dispatch Staff to lead Dispatch vehicles, this is done ensure supervision of staff when loading vehicle to ensure that no unauthorised stock is loaded onto the vehicles.
- Controls and allocates magnetic shelving strips to Stores staff to ensure that stock shelves are labelled correctly to indicate accurate stock levels at all times.
- At the end of shift checks that the bench gates, holding cages and bulk gate are properly locked and that all refrigerated items are properly stored to ensure that stock items are not left to spoil and no unauthorised persons can access stock.
- Submits daily shift report to management as per requirements.
Ability to work in a pressured environment
Attention To Detail
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience level.
- Closing date: 8/25/2021 12:00:00 AM