Overberg Water requires 2 Handymen at the Caledon office for sites support at various water treatment and waste water treatment plants within Western Cape.
Ground keeping,Housekeeping,Maintenance,Water and Sanitation
- Ability to read, interpret and convey manual and electronic data.
- Assist with general maintenance, ground keeping, housekeeping of premises
- Handling and transportation of water quality samples, chemicals and other heavy materials or equipment.
- Complete work procedures forms, time-sheets, stock-sheets, log-sheets, job cards, and other associated reporting forms
- Repairing of pipe-bursts, cleaning of reservoirs, sediment tanks and filters.
- Clearing, processing and disposal of grass, reedbeds, sludge and other foliage or waste
- General cleaning, repair and maintenance of the purification plant, scheme offices and buildings.
- Carry out other building maintenance activities.
- Keep inventory of all plant consumables required for operational activities, housekeeping, and any other activities identified within the plant
- Carry out reasonable and lawful instructions given by the line manager or supervisor within the ambit of the position taking into account competencies and operational requirements
- Safeguard of the plant assets at Public Works sites
- Adhere to related statutory and regulatory requirements for water and waste water facilities
- Although based at specific facility, incumbents may need to rotate/travel to other sites and/or areas based on business operational demands
Experience and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or Matric and/or relevant training
- Job references from previous supplier will be evaluated as equivalent
- Unendorsed code B driver’s licence a must
- Excellent communication, writing and people skills
- Ensuring ethical standards adherence to statutory requirements of all legislations
- Willingness to work shifts/standby and physical fits, weekend, holidays
- Minimum of two (2) years handyman/general assistant or related experience as a general worker preferably in water or related facilities
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), desired
- Mathematics literacy
- Small Maintenance Skills, advantageous
- Good verbal and written communication
- Health and safety basic skills
- Quality orientated
- Daily Plant Maintenance skills
- Basic power-driven tools and machinery repairs
- Attention to details and quality
- Sober habits
`Closing Date: 31 August 2021