Overberg Water requires 5 General Workers for general maintenance, ground keeping and housekeeping at various water treatment and waste water treatment plants within Western Cape.
1 x Bredasdorp Air Force Base
1 x Brandvlei Correctional Facility
1 x Paardeberg Correctional Facility
1 x Riebeeck West Correctional Facility
1 x Helderstroom Correctional Facility
Job FunctionsGeneral work,Ground keeping,Housekeeping,Maintenance,Water and Sanitation
- Ability to read, interpret and convey manual and electronic data i.e: meters gauges, data loggers etc
- Assist with general maintenance, ground keeping, housekeeping of premises
- Handling and transportation of water quality samples, chemicals and other heavy materials or equipment.
- Complete work procedures forms, time-sheets, stock-sheets, log-sheets, job cards, and other associated reporting forms
- Assist with pipe-bursts, cleaning of reservoirs, sediment tanks and filters.
- Clearing, processing and disposal of grass, reedbeds, sludge and other foliage or waste
- General cleaning and maintenance of the purification plant, scheme offices and buildings.
- Carry out other building maintenance activities.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or Matric and/or relevant training
- Unendorsed code B driver’s licence
- Excellent communication, writing and people skills
- Ensuring ethical standards adherence to statutory requirements of all legislations
- Willingness to work shifts/standby and physical fits, weekend, holidays
- Minimum of six(6) months experience as a general worker preferably in water facilities
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Mathematics literacy
- Small Maintenance Skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Health and safety basic skills
- Quality orientated
- Daily Plant Maintenance skills
- Attention to details and quality
Closing date: 31 August 2021