The role is responsible for maintaining, upgrading and rebuilding manufacturing equipment and all electrical installations to provide efficient electrical support and service to the factory.
What you will be accountable for
- Identify electrical components for switch cabinets and machines to ensure reliable electrical control systems.
- Determine component layouts for switch cabinets to align with the prescribed standards and to ensure easy access and maintenance.
- Install manufacturing equipment in the Africa region as part of MT & D’s support to the region.
- Train electro-technical staff, from clients, on locally crafted systems to give them the ability to efficiently maintain the refurbished manufacturing equipment.
- Ensure compliance with EHS standards to minimise risk.
- Communicate and collaborate closely with relevant functions to address and seek solutions for problems of mutual interest for continuous improvement.
- Build new switch cabinets as upgrades for manufacturing equipment to ensure efficient machine control systems to all clients.
- Rewire the equipment to CE standards to continuously improve efficiency, quality, safety and reliability of manufacturing equipment.
Essential experience, skills and knowledge
- Education: Qualified electrician with minimum N3 or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years in a manufacturing environment
- FMCG experience is required
- Sound knowledge of electrical control components
- Wireman’s Certificate – Master Electrician – would represent an advantage
- Knowledge AC/DC drives
- Mentoring skills
- Analytical ability and Interpersonal skills