Fine Chemicals requires the service of a highly competent Stores Assistant for the Supply Chain Department. To qualify for this position the candidate must fulfil the following requirements.Requirements
- Minimum Education Qualification – Matric/Grade 12.
- Minimum of 1-year experience within shipping, receiving or general warehousing.
- Valid forklift driver’s licence is preferred.
- Ability to plan and work in an orderly, logical and systematic manner.
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS (Brief Summary)
- Safely offload all raw materials and solvents received from suppliers.
- Accurately and timeously selecting of all raw materials/solvents required by production, to eliminate loss time in production.
- Ensuring that all quality controlled released raw materials and solvents are stored and stacked in the designated areas.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the raw materials store, flammable store, and surrounding areas.
- Actively participate in stock counts and assist with investigating variances.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES (Brief Summary)
- Must be honest and reliable.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently when required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication (written and verbal) as good data capturing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to maintain good internal customer / supplier relations.
- Able to work extended hours at short notice if required.
- Physically capable of repeatedly lifting and carrying 20 to 25kg containers.
Closing date: 20 August 2021