Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
The appointee should:
- NQF 4 (National Senior Certificate or Grade 12 or National Senior Certificate for Adults) with English Literacy.
- N2 Certificate (Industrial Instrumentation and Electronics)
- Section 13 or 26D (completed learner ship / apprentice ship) Instrument Mechanician Trade Certificate as recognized by the QTCO/SAQA.
- Completed a formal Learnership program recognised by the MQA, as an Instrument Mechanician learner with a 18.1 or 18.2 Learnership contract and a Learnership logbook record of training.
- At least 5 years’ experience in mineral processing, mining and steam generation plants which can be reduced to 3 years for applicants with a N4 Certificate in Instrumentation.
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- N4 Certificate (Industrial Instrumentation and Electronics) advantageous
- Delta V 7009 Course (DeltaV Operate Interface Implementation)
- Delta V 7017 Course (DeltaV Operate Interface Implementation 2)
- Delta V 7032 Course (DeltaV Foundation Fieldbus)
- ASi Training workshop
- Boiler Maintenance
- Conduct all work according to required standards and specifications.
- Participate in safety leading indicators : SBO and Near-miss process
- Reporting of safety incidents and injuries within the work shift.
Installations & Maintenance:
- Perform Stand-by duties to provide technical support to the plant areas
- Maintain housekeeping standards in the instrumentation workshop and plant
- Able to do maintenance on: flow, level, pressure, temperature, specialized sensing devices, analytical, process control loops, equipment associated with final control elements, weighing & load cell systems, radiation instruments.
- Strong Fault finding skill and knowledge on industrial networks ie: Foundation fieldbus, ASI network, DeviceNet network.
- Build interfaces between different Control Systems (PLC, DCS)
- Perform DCS loop configurations and programing on DeltaV DCS system.
Administration & Reporting:
- SAP Maintenance administration including completion of job cards using SAP.
- Conduct RCA and 5-WHY’s investigations on breakdowns, equipment failures to identify root cause to minimise recurrence and increase equipment sustainability
- Ensure that any operational problem that is encountered is reported even if outside immediate area of responsibility.
Interested parties should complete and submit the standard job application form using the link below:
HR Contact Person : Lebogang Kobue
Recruitment Person : Dorothy Maema
Recruiter’s contact number :014 495 2590
Closing date: 24 August 2021