To ensure that all planned operational targets for construction activities are met as per contractual obligation in time and of good quality. Also to ensure that there is a safe working environment to carry out the construction activities taking place.
• Work with Team leader / Supervisor to achieve planned operational targets.
•Perform Inspections on designated area of responsibility every day.
• Planning and managing of construction material on site.
• Follow work instructions given by the Supervisor for any specific task in line with operational requirements .
• Assist with the problems solving on operational challenges and, report any deviations to the immediate Supervisor.
• Adhering to discipline procedures in accordance with the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
• Ensure good housekeeping at all times and good team work .
• Adhere to all Safety rules and regulations as per all safety legislation and company procedures.
• Perform manual construction activities.
• Attend and participate in Toolbox talks.
• Construction background / experience in the mining or related industry for at least 2 years will be advantageous in particular earthworks.
SKILLS, QUALITIES and ABILITIES REQUIRED :
• Candidate must be from the local Secunda community,
• Good communication skills,
• Ability to speak, read and write in English,
• Self discipline,
• Ability to work under pressure and good team work values.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
• Medically Fit
• May be required to work overtime from time to time
• Clear criminal record
Closing date: 23 August 2021