The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the provision of an accurate and timeous drawing office service to internal development and specific customers for specialized projects, and to enable the factories to manufacture components and assemblies to specification.
SpecificationKEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Preparation of production drawings and GA’s within parameters of existing CAD packages
- Compile material lists, BOM’s and generation of codes
- Propose general and specific design details
- Ensure activities are planned, assigned, executed and verified
- Ensure design parameters comply with relevant statutory regulations, standards and codes of practice
- Ensure that Technology obtained from outside sources is preserved and integrated into DFC;s Technology bank.
- Filing within the data management system ie CAD server
- Maintain engineering register
- Relevant draughtsman qualification
- Engineering diploma or equivalent will be advantageous
- 1-2 years Technical or Mechanical Draughtsman experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Technical Aptitude
- Verbal Aptitude
- Computer literacy
- Attention to details
- CAD Knowledge will be taken into consideration.
- Approach work strategically
- Accurate and timeous.
- Clarity and detail required.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Achievement of operational objectives.
- Minimum wastage of material.
- Drawing amended according to procedures.
- Dynamic and productive team player.
Closing date: 20 August 2021