Free State Oil (Pty) Ltd is a subsidiary of VKB Agriculture (Pty) Ltd, a dynamic role player in the edible oil industry, situated in Villiers in the Eastern Free State. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
- Grade 12 or NQF 4
- Good mechanical skills and understanding
- Tertiary Qualification in Mechanical Engineering will serve as recommendation
- Willing to learn
- Willing to work overtime when required
- Fit to work on heights
- Able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to work with respiratory equipment.
- Good health
- Good coordination
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help with plant inspections.
- Help with plant, operation, and maintenance tasks to ensure maximum plant operation and efficiency.
- Help with general duties in plant as required by Plant Operators.
- Any reasonable and additional duties which may be required for operational functions.
- Help production workers when required to efficiently and timeously handle production related problems and tasks if required.
- Ensure that you are always informed with changes to process and equipment.
- Perform plant and equipment inspections.
- Grease equipment according lubrication schedule.
- Complete all inspection registers and hand in to supervisor.
- Immediately act on any deviation by taking corrective action when required or report to artisans/supervisors.
- Your duties will include assisting the artisan with the following day to day duties but will not be limited to it:
- General equipment maintenance
- Preventative maintenance
- Shutdown maintenance
- Project tasks
- Vehicle maintenance
Closing date: 20 August 2021