Job Advert Summary:
The successful candidate will report to the Groundsman and will be responsible to drive and operate the truck safely, to remove refuse on a weekly basis as well as to assist the Gang overseer when required. The successful candidate will further carry out the day to day maintenance of station and the property with regards to refuse removal. Transporting of Rand Water personnel where necessary, in addition drive trucks safely and to ensure that refuse is removed on a weekly basis. Ensure that all plants/facilities are kept in a presentable, safe and reliable standard as required by Rand Water. Keep truck clean and report all defects to supervisor and to assist Groundsman when required.
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• 2 year operating experience in driving heavy vehicles.
• Code 14 driver’s license and the ability to pass the Rand Water K53 drivers test.
• Previous experience of operating a Back-actor and supervisory experience.
• Safe working procedures.
• Safety regulations and procedures
• Driving of heavy vehicles.
• Good communication skills.
• Supervision and labour relations
• First Aid
• Customer service orientation.
• Team player.
• Self-disciplined and punctual
Closing date: 22 August 2021