Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midrand has an opportunity available for a DC Trainee Manager to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to achieve operational excellence within the Dis-Chem Distribution centre incorporating functions in necessary areas, ensuring that both legal and customer requirements are met.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 1-2 Years relevant experience in Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
- Relevant experience in the field of Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Experience in the Retail/Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Experience with SAP, EWM or other ERP systems
- To participate in all employee-related management functions including interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, motivation, discipline, performance appraisal
- Prevent and act on security or risk issues and ensure that risks are dealt with proactively.
- Analyse, interpret any shrinkage indicators, and act accordingly.
- Collaborate with Distribution Centre employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met
- Ensure all supplier deliveries are received, checked, processed and put away within agreed timelines and according to Dischem Policies and Procedures.
- Manage and interpret inbound related issues.
- Plan the delivery schedules and staff requirements.
- Maintain a stock rotation on an inventory based on FEFO (First Expiry First Out) principle.
- Set up continuous processes to eliminate recurring short falls and organisation challenges.
- Achieve and maintain acceptable adjustment figures within the inbound department.
- Ensure that stock locations are optimized within the distribution centre.
- Analyse data to anticipate future needs.
- Ensure that all stock is received and packed away and accurately maintained on the system.
- Assist with implementation and optimization of new projects related to improving the efficiency of operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained and in safe operating conditions.
- Optimize planning and forecasting of department resources to meet the daily strategic objective defined by the quantity of orders in the system.
- Determine staffing requirements and plan accordingly.
- Ensure that the Packaging Department tasks are sorted according to priority and are executed as per instructions received
- Ensure optimal route and space planning to meet the day-to-day strategic objectives.
- Understand and execute the planning process involved when stock leaves the distribution centre.
- Ensure routing of vehicles to ensure optimum utilisation and vehicle turnaround times.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Demonstrate an understanding of the necessary leadership principles, values, principles of behaviour and leads by example.
- Demonstrate personal initiative.
- Take accountability for own actions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to corporate governance principles
- Demonstrate a service mind-set and ensures everything within reason is done to achieve service excellence.
- Have the ability to build effective and productive relationships at all levels.
- Have the ability to influence service providers and build effective relationships within a team environment.
- Have the ability to acknowledge conflict, give positive / difficult feedback and make decisions while maintaining individual dignity and respect.
Special conditions of employment:
- South African or valid work permit
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
Closing date: 07 August 2021