Under supervision of a Quality Coordinator, you will be primarily involved in lab management of the Quality lab with project specific work at times. Integrity and accountability are essential for this role ensuring that tests and methods are performed as per Unilever Methods of Analysis.
- Physical and chemical property analysis of finished products and raw materials
- Preparation of lab batches of finished goods for organoleptic testing or consumer tests
- Maintaining inventory management system. i.e Control of stock within the laboratory, including ordering, testing and obtaining analysis certificates as required
- Operation of lab equipment in accordance with best practice operations.
- Ensure calibration of all laboratory equipment are timeously done.
- Participation in internal and external quality audits with completion of actions thereafter
- Ensure proper waste management and good housekeeping is maintained
- Adherence to safety standards, food safety standards and Good Manufacturing practices (GMP).
Skills and Requirements
- Matric (Mathematics & Physical Science)
- Completed 2nd year Analytical Chemistry, Food Technology and Biotechnology, requiring 1 year in-service experience
- Familiar with laboratory environment, procedures and practices
- Role will require some degree of manual labour, i.e lifting boxes/powder up to 10kg
- Use of computer software programs – Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential
- Good communication skills both written and verbal – proficient in English
- Subject to medical assessment – lung function
Proof of qualification certificates must be attached to your CV.
NO statement of results will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 22 June 2021
APPLY ONLINE HERE