Responsible for providing assistance to customers and operational staff by installing, configuring and supporting computer software and hardware. The system support technician is the point of contact for incidents and service requests.
- Application support, provide first line support the back office.
- Install and configure of new hardware and Software.
- Monitor and Maintain systems and infrastructure.
- Rollout of new applications and upgrades.
- Carry out administrative duties; e.g. Maintenance and day to day operational support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Liaise with other IT personal and developers for problem resolutions on escalated matters.
- Maintain Backups, Security, and other strategies.
- Investigate and resolve incidents logged by customers.
- Examine and complete service requests logged by customers.
- Communicate effectively with users and relevant role players to keep them informed on the status of issues and incidents.
- Coordinate and liaise with suppliers on equipment repairs.
- Grade 12
- Valid Driver’s License
- National Diploma in Information Technology or higher
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in Information Technology