Sappi Southern Africa requires a Junior IT Technician to work on and support the Company’s Networking, Cabling, Connectivity, Telephony, Desktop environment and Printer installations by providing first line support and preventative maintenance.
REPORTING TO: Senior IT Technician
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Respond to all calls timeously from our users and log calls on the Helpdesk system.
- Provide first level support to all our users including remote offices, escalate calls timeously to second level support before the call breaches the agreed Service Level Agreement if you are unsuccessful in resolving the incident.
- Trouble shoot hardware and software problems.
- Set up Desktops and Laptops with Microsoft operating systems and applications.
- Install and maintain network cables and data points.
- Configure, install and support multifunctional printing devices.
- Install and maintain telephony points.
- Perform standby duties for all IT related faults after normal business hours.
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a rotational basis and provide the necessary support where needed (Sites within Sappi).
- Working within the Health and Safety at Work Act, the candidate has a legal duty to take reasonable care for Health and Safety both for themselves and others who may be affected by their actions. They are also required to undertake Health and Safety training appropriate with the level required by the Junior Desktop Technician and to take part in risk assessment procedures and the implementation of agreed recommended work practices within the area.
- Undertake all duties or instructions given to you by your Supervisor.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Matric and MCSE certificate or National Diploma in IT
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role
Closing date: 28 May 2021