This Internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of an academic qualification.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Transport Department has the following 4 (Four) Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
• Daily monitoring and reporting of Rea Vaya bus operations including scheduling, recording of service demand statistics, planning and modelling bus schedule to meet service delivery requirements.
• Grade 12 / Matric;
• Confirmation letter from institution;
• Ages between 18 – 35 years; and
• Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Studying towards or completed NQF level 6 Diploma in: Transport Management or Logistics Management; Competencies:
• Communication (verbal and written),
• Problem analysis and Problem-Solving, negotiation,
• Numerate and analytical skills required.
• Exposure to cost control systems.
• Client Orientation Approach.
• Work under pressure.
• Ability to work with numbers.
• Computer literacy Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel and PowerPoint