The appointee should:
- Have Grade 12 or equivalent
- Have experience in operating and utilizing a computerized maintenance management system(SAP)
- Understanding of Engineering policies, procedures and standards
- Ability to plan and organize
- Working knowledge of client disciplines-Metallurgy, Mining, Engineering
- Basic level computer skills(Word,Excel,PowerPoint)
- Ability to schedule and manage maintenance activities
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at a relevant Sibanye Gold Occupational Health Centre
- Trade qualification
- Experience in the planned maintenance office
- Advanced level computer skills(Word,Excel,PowerPoint) For role including the SAP PM module
- Additional planned Maintenance/Asset Management Qualification
Key responsibilities include:
Effective coordination of the Company’s planned maintenance program.
Asset Management Strategy
- To address all key elements of the Asset Management Strategy using KPI’s.
- To participate and support cross functional departmental teams to minimize reactive maintenance.
- Support programs to minimize unplanned downtime on critical equipment.
- Participate in the development of RCM-based task lists for all key equipment.
Analysis and Improvement
- Analyze maintenance history and work orders to help identify recurring failure patterns.
- Make formalized recommendations to the Planned Maintenance Officer.
Planning and Scheduling
- Oversee and assist the Planned Maintenance Officer that capacity planning is done on a daily basis, which includes both preventative as well as corrective maintenance tasks.
- Ensure that planned shutdown activities follow pre-set targets in accordance with critical path analysis.
- To ensure that all work is controlled through work orders and that all information loops are closed.
- Liaise with Supervisors to confirm that all technical manuals and documents are up to date and stored in a Technical Library.
- Understand the Engineering and Asset Management KPIs and assist in compiling reports.
Early Equipment Management
- Participate in RCM exercises on all new equipment before commissioning.
Training and Development
- Participate in coaching sessions and learning opportunities.
- Participate in root cause analysis exercises.
- Support the development of critical spares lists through the use of a structured RCM methodology.
- Update company critical spares lists from information submitted by the relevant Engineering Supervisor, Specialists etc.
- To actively support the codification and bills of material initiatives.
- Actively participate in spares and material acquisition.
Maintenance Facilities and Tools
- Support a housekeeping program.
Closing date: 02 April 2021