This internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of an academic qualification.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Transport Department has 2 Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
• Measuring quantities for payment purposes.
• Checking on the quality of work completed.
• Monitoring cost, by ensuring projects are completed within budget.
• Monitor progress of project to ensure it is completed within time-frame.
• Ensure cash-flow is being achieved as per defined expectations.
• Reporting regularly and timeously about project’s progress. Manage unforeseen project risk, as and when necessary.
• Grade 12, Degree in Quantity Survey (NQF level 7);
• Confirmation letter from institution;
• Computer literacy Microsoft Office Applications- Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Ages between 18 – 35 years;
• Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
• Communication (verbal and written),
• Problem analysis and Problem-Solving, negotiation,
• Numerate and analytical skills required.
• Exposure to cost control systems
: 30 March 2021